|PURPOSE OF JOB
A Technical Manager is required to manage the delivery of residential projects from initial conception through to the development completion.
· Provide technical support to the land/development team to assist during feasibility studies.
· Identify the need for external consultants (Planning, Architect, Engineers etc) agree fees, the scope of service, capability, timescales and deliverability. Formally appoint such consultants.
· Produce a detailed design programme which identifies key dates and a critical path.
· Manage all consultants to ensure the flow of information is within the agreed timescales and in accordance with the programme.
· Ensure all design information produced is issued to the relevant internal and external departments in accordance with, and on schedule with the programme.
· Be aware of and act upon commercial implications relating to planning & architectural design; civil & structural engineering design; geotechnical & ground remediation strategies; statutory services – new supplies & diversions.
· Have the ability to technically engage with, and direct consultants responsible for the above.
· Oversee and control planning applications to the Local Authority and deal with any other local committees, parish councils, etc.
· Interact with statutory bodies, Local Authorities and external Consultants with regards to the satisfactory discharge of Planning Conditions within an agreed time frame.
· Control the submission of Building Regulations and warranty applications.
· Interact with internal departments, consultants, suppliers and sub-contractors as necessary in order to achieve Building Regulations and warranty approvals and satisfactory conditions discharge
· Provide sales team with drawing\specification information and support, to ensure that sales provide correct literature.
· Co-ordinate Transfer Plans, Management Plans for Estate Sales Packs, liaising with Solicitors and Sales Department.
· Tender for, set up and establish on site management companies using and implementing the group procedure.
· Co-ordinate all legal aspects in relation to various agreements, Section 38, 104, 278 etc and to arrange bonds, guarantees, warranties and insurance as called for.
· Be responsible for the above and manage the process through to a satisfactory completion, i.e., adoption of the works.
· Apply for and attain any stopping up/abandonment of existing site infrastructure (highways and drainage)
· Apply for and attain new site postal addresses.
· Liaise with statutory undertakers to establish supply provision and diversion requirements, obtain competitive quotations for the works and negotiate best value for the company.
· Maintain procedures for drawing information release. Update drawing and file records.
· Provide technical support and solutions through the construction stage on a regular pro-active basis.
· Chair on site monthly Project Meetings to resolve technical issues\requirements promptly.
· Chair and lead regular design team meetings with the professional team.
· During the development process receive constructive feedback from the build and sales departments and subject to a feasibility study effectively implement amendments.
· Be part of the in house planning supervisory team and be proactive in promoting health and safety.
· Assist in gathering information and As-Built records during the course of a project in order that the Health and Safety File and purchaser information packs are ready on completion.
· Carry out the above duties in a coherent professional manner
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· The role requires a strong technical knowledge base. Ideally from a technical design background, either architectural or civil engineering, preferably both. Candidates from a project management/QS background would also be considered subject to relevant experience.
· Knowledge of the house building industry gained preferably with a high volume house builder.
· Educated to HNC/HND level, minimum
· Possess strong negotiation skills
· A Broad technical understanding
· Strong people management skills
· An understanding /user of AutoCAD is desirable but not essential